Last week I talked about the “hang and hunt” approach that I am using this season… 4 Months, 6 Properties, Dozens of Locations, 1 Treestand
I received several questions from readers, so I thought I would do a follow-up post this week and address some of the specific questions that were asked.
“How do you carry in your stand, sticks, backpack and bow?” – To answer that question I put together a video that shows how I pack everything and discusses the logistics of how I get setup in the tree.
If you don’t see the video above, please watch it here.
Other reader questions…
- How heavy is your stand and climbing sticks?
- This method seems like a lot of physical work. How do you prevent sweat and scent?
- Does it take very long to master this?
- This seems like it would be hard and/or potentially unsafe to do in the dark? Do you use a light?
- What if there is deer/turkey around you when you need to come down?